Edifier P841 Review | Lightweight Affordable Headphones
The entry level to the Edifier headphone line up, their budget over-the-ear headphones. The wire also has the control center which house the microphones, volume rocker and call function/media playback. The cable is thin and 1.3 meter long, does tangle up easily so get a cable management tab. The microphone is near the the mouth which is good (for microphone quality, do check our video review). This headphones is compatible with Android and IOS smartphone. weighs 180 grams, lightweight.
Ergonomics wise, is comfy, coming from a guy who wear spectacles. The earcups is big enough to fit my entire ears, the cushion which has ample padding and made from PU leather. It super durable, you cant out-bend or twist it 270 degree it won’t break (watch our review video to see how we torture the headphones). The headband does not have much padding but pose no discomfort for me. Headband can extend another 3 cm each side for bigger head size. Headphone soul is powered by a 40mm neodymium driver to create richer and better bass.
- Frequency range: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Sound pressure: 98dB
- Drive unit: 40mm Dynamic
Pia Mia – Do It Again
– Bass is energetic (air pressure), punchy and no distortion. 0.26 part is sweet as hell.
– Bass does not eat into the vocals, there is clear separations.
– The body is good for the price (but need little more kick to get the wow factor).
Tiaan – Bo Ok
– Low bass frequency 2.05 onward can be heard beautifully again no distortion, slightly under powered need more boom boom.
– Low bass frequency fade little quickly for my liking but I don’t mind is MYR 120 anyway is good for the price.
Pentatonix – See Through & Jackie Envancho – Can You Feel The Love Tonight (Christmas)
– Vocals overall is good (mid range), diction and pronunciation is not muffled. Leaning toward warm sounding.
– However, it lack some shine towards the upper mid or hi pitch tones.
I would say the headphones is good for POP/EDM and modern vocals since it strength is from the lower-mids (bass) to the mid range (vocal). It travel friendly and doesn’t look cheap on you. Give it a shot, is affordable.
Purchase the Edifier P841 Here
Other Useful Links:
Our youtube audiophile playlist: Here
Other audiophile review on our site: Here
Audiophile ranking page: Here
Search anything here !!