Edifier W800BT Review | Unbeatable Battery Life
An over-the-ear bluetooth headset that is priced MYR 180 on Lazada, affordable yet packs TKO (Technical Knockout) in weight and battery performance. The package comes with the micro USB charging cable and a male-to-male 3.5mm 1.3 meter long cable. Weighs 205 grams headphones alone.
Ergonomic wise, the earcups have ample amount of padding despite the thin profile and sound isolation is decent for the price (thicker pads would be better of course). The earcups is comfy on me, the opening is big enough to fit my ears fully with a 4 cm wide and 5.5 cm tall opening. The headband have thick padding which which neat. The overall clamping pressure for earcups and headband is light wish it was stronger. The headbands can extend 3cm further on each sides.
It’s super durable you can bend and twist the headphone it wont break apart despite being all plastic build. Design wise it looks simple, clean and I love how they shape the plastic to look like metal at the earcup exterior bit. Looks like Asus’ Zen circle design. The left side the has 3.5mm AUX in port while the right houses the buttons (multi-purpose control, volume rocker) and micro USB for charging.
For connectivity it is using Bluetooth 4.0 with Max rated range of 10 meters, we gotten 11 meters stable. The battery rated to last 35 hours playback or 800 hours standby. But we didn’t get the same result with the rated playback. We gotten 82 hours and 35 minutes max on Bluetooth using Iphone 6 on the 5th volume bar. So, the 35 hours rated is likely dore and full or higher volume volume. This was so unexpected for the price.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz ～ 20,000 Hz
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Sensitivity: 100dB
- Supporting Protocol: HSP HFP A2DP AVRCP
- Connecting distance: 10m
- Battery capacity: 1400mAh
- Working time (rated): 35 hours
- Standby time: 800 hours
- Charging time: 3 hours
- Charging input: DC 5.0V = 500mA
Tiaan – Be Ok
– Low bass frequency is well bodied, fully eargasm and just make you go mind deep.
– Low bass frequency fade little quickly for my taste but the energy (air pressure) is good.
– The bass doesn’t eat into the vocals
Pia Mia – Do It Again
– Bass is well bodied and fade well (little fast).
– Bass has good amount of energy (air pressure) thanks to its 40mm dynamic driver.
– Bass does not eat into the vocals and but overpowers vocals slightly.
Ed Sheeran – Touch and Go
– Vocal is good, every diction and pronunciation is clean, little push back but still okay.
– Vocal humming and echoing is sweet.
– Guitar chords sound warm but ends little quickly for my taste, prefer sharp sound (my taste).
Violinder – Raindrops
– Violin/Piano tones are good, more toward warm sounding than the crystal clear type.
– Instrumentals fade slightly fast.
– Bass/Drums overpowers the piano/violin tone slightly.
Purchase the Edifier W800BT Here
Other Useful Links:
Our youtube audiophile playlist: Here
Other audiophile review on our site: Here
Audiophile ranking page: Here
Search anything here !!