Pioneer SE-MJ522-K Review | Entry level On-Ear Headphones
This is Pioneer’s entry level on-ear headphone. Build quality is very good, won’t break easily despite being all plastic build, only the outer earcup part is metal for design reason. It feature a 2 axis swivel and the band can expand for another 3cm. There is no headband cushion but the headphone is lightweight so it doesn’t need it.
The ear cups is thin but no discomfort so far. The cable doesn’t touch the face and is 1.2 meters long, features no mic or button control. It feature a 40mm dynamic driver on each side. We test this on the iPhone 6 with Cozoy TAKT (pronounce as TAKE) at the 5th volume bar.
Type: Fully-Enclosed Dynamic
Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 28 000 Hz
Impedance: 32 Ω
Max. Input Power: 1 000 mW
Sensitivity: 105 dB
Driver Units: φ40 mm
Cable Length: Y-type 1.2 m OFC litz wire
Plug: φ3.5 mm stereo mini-plug (gold plated)
Weight (without cord): 120 g
colour: RED (-R) PINK (-P), LIME (-Y), BLACK (-K), WHITE (-W), TURQUOISE (-G), PURPLE (-V)
Tiaan – Be Ok
- Low bass frequency, is present and the body is good for the price.
- The energy or the air pressure is good but is little under power.
- The subtle bass vibration fades quickly not smoothly and there is some bass distortion at low frequency.
Pia Mia – Do It Again
- The bass energy is good at the low-mid frequency doesn’t eat into the vocals.
- The bass with snare effect sounds half-hearted, not full.
- The bass vibration at 2.05 is soft and barely can feel it.
Ed Sheeran – Touch and Go
- Guitar tone sounds right and have right amount of sharpness for the price.
- Vocals is very good surprisingly, you can even hear him gasping for air.
- Vocal stretching, voice-deep and echoing is solid. Midrange overall is good.
Violinder – Raindrops
- Piano/Violin is more of a warm sound type, the little muffled type rather than the sharp sounding type.
- Bass/Drum overpowers the piano/violin tone but doesn’t eat into piano/violin and cause it to sound weird.
Purchase the Pioneer SE-MJ522-K Here
Other Useful Links:
Our youtube audiophile playlist: Here
Other audiophile review on our site: Here
Audiophile ranking page: Here
Search anything here !!