Razer Viper Review | The Ultra Lightweight Mouse Without Holes
Razer is coming into the ultra-lightweight hardware game. We have reviewed the Razer Kraken X earlier that weighs 250 grams and pack great audio compared to older gen. So Razer next move would be creating an ultra-lightweight mouse. Thus, the Razer Viper. Latest pricing here Amazon/Shopee/Lazada.
This gaming mouse just weighs 69 grams will all-matte finish with dotted side grips. This mouse aims not only towards FPS games but other forms of gaming as well.
Is symmetrical in design where both left-handed and right-handed user can use the mouse but the mouse is unique as left-handed user now have thumb button on the right side of the mouse. The first of us after reviewed many gaming mouse that does not include it for the left-handed gamer. Thumbs up for Razer.
It uses Razer’s 5G Optical sensor capable to read up to 16,000 DPI, only true legends can control such powers. (Preset: RED 400 DPI, GREEN 800 DPI, BLUE 1800 DPI, TEAL 2400 DPI, YELLOW 3200 DPI). Max Tracking Speed: 450 inches per second (IPS). Acceleration: 50G. Polling Rate: 1000hz (1ms)
The two main clickers have a clicky mechanical feel but are an optical switch with a response time of 0.2 milliseconds roughly 3 times faster than mechanical based switch as Razer claims. This switch design is rated to last up to 70 million clicks more than the market average of 50 million clicks. The scroll wheel is the medium resistance step type with low sound even when scrolling fast.
The cable is 2.1 meters long with a unique fabric like cable namely the RAZER™ SPEEDFLEX CABLE. The purpose is to shave move weight, reduce spring back or cable tension like found on typical silicone or braided cable and reduce drag. The bottom has 2 glide feet that feel close to Teflon feet tho I’m not sure if there are.
Ergonomics wise, my hands are measuring 18 cm long and 10 cm wide. The mouse is measuring 12.7 cm long,6.6 cm wide and 3.8 cm high, making it suitable for Claw, Fingertip and Palm style grips thanks to the tall profile of the mouse that supports the middle part of your palms when gripping it. People with large hand size would find this comfortable.
- There is a total of 9 programmable buttons in normal mode but you can double it with hypershift function.
- You can change the performance of the mouse in terms of DPI (with X and Y configuration) and polling rate.
- Lighting effects.
- Calibration of the mouse to your surface top.
Colour mode available:
Audio Meter, Breathing, Reactive, Spectrum Cycling, Static
- Razer 5G Advanced Optical Sensor with true 16,000 DPI
- Up to 450 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration
- 1000 Hz Ultrapolling
- Razer™ Optical Mouse Switches with 70 million clicks life cycle
- Razer™ Speedflex cable
- Gaming-grade tactile scroll wheel
- 69g lightweight ambidextrous design
- Razer Chroma™ lighting with 16.8 million customizable colour options
- Eight independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- Onboard DPI Storage (Up to 5 DPI stages)
- Razer Synapse 3 enabled
- Approximate size: 126.73 mm / 4.99 in (Length) X 66.2 mm / 2.61 in (Width) X 37.81 mm / 1.49 in (Height)
- Approximate weight (excluding cable): 69 g / 0.15 lbs
- Cable length: 2.1 m / 6.89 ft
PURCHASE Razer Viper HERE